Code Institute Diploma In Software Development
Denise LuiEmail Phone
+353 1 5397973
Blackrock Business Park,
**Please note this is not a ICT Conversion Course and only those on the appropriate DSP payments can apply**
Who is this course for?
You don’t need developer experience. If you’re passionate about technology and dedicated enough to learn – then this course for you.
This programme is all about getting back as much as you put in. We give you the tools and the framework – all you need is commitment.
Code Institute is the only Coding Bootcamp in Ireland. Coding Bootcamps are a new way of teaching software development with the goal of helping students change career in as short a time period as possible.
Successful Graduates will receive:
A globally recognised Diploma in Software Development
A portfolio packed with the latest skills and technologies employers are looking for in new hires
Work placement and career support provided by our partners Fast Track to IT (FIT)
Personal access to a dedicated mentor to hep you complete the course
24 hour access to a mentor monitored online community where discussion and questions around course content take place.
Students must provide proof of English ETLS level of 6.0 or higher, if English is not the first language of the customer.
Laptop must run either Windows or Mac operating system.
For Windows, it must be Windows 8 or higher.
For Mac, it must be OS X 10 or higher.
There must be 8 gigabytes of RAM on the laptop/PC.
Code Institute's Diploma in Software Development is the only university credit rated bootcamp diploma in Europe (by Edinburgh Napier University). Students learn to become an industry ready software developer at their own speed, in their own time, with private, dedicated mentoring and coaching. Successful candidates receive the globally recognised Diploma in Software Development awarded by Code Institute on behalf of Edinburgh Napier University.
Upon graduation students will possess a globally recognised qualification, a portfolio of work made up of their course projects they can showcase to potential employers and practical hands-on experience in the most high demand programming skills and languages. Code Institute's syllabus is informed by a dedicated Industry Advisory Council and is updated regularly to reflect the latest industry trends.
Code Institute's programme director Brian O'Grady has 17 years of professional industry and educational experience in the classroom, including solution Architect on the Building Schools for the Future initiative across the UK. He has extensive experience in diverse areas of expertise from analytics to course content creation (for Thomson Learning).
The course has been designed for part-time online delivery where students are matched with mentors who will help guide them through the content. Students will also have 24 hour access to a mentor monitored online community where discussion and questions around course content take place. The online community is also an invaluable peer to peer source of tips and practical advice to help students through their journey.
Finally, students are helped enter the workforce through our partnership with Fastrack Into IT (FIT). FIT follows an 8 step programme to help you find a work placement:
1) Goal setting: Student will learn about Career Supports, setting achievable career goals and the steps involved in completing this programme to achieve those goals.
2) CV Workshops: Students will develop their CVs with employability specialists using one- to-one and group sessions.
3) Interview Skills: Students will access online courses focused on personal, academic and employability skills e.g. interview skills, communication, team working, etc. Motivation, self-confidence and other skills will be developed using best practice CBT techniques.
4) Company Visits: Students will be invited to relevant Company Visits to engage with people in the ICT Industry.
5) Professional Image: employment specialists will encourage students in individual and group sessions, to develop their personal brand and online reputation. Using individualised action plans, students will discuss progress with this employment specialist.
6) Career Progression: employability specialist will support students to explore the many specialist career paths available in ICT.
7) Work Placement & Active Supports: Placements are made closest to student’s homes. Students and employers sign a “contract” illustrating rights and responsibilities. Supports to be front loaded to generate optimal results.
8) On-going student monitoring: employment specialist will maintain regular contact with students to ensure sound progress is being made through the training phase and work placement phase, encouragement and supports are provided where necessary.
Online - Our mentors hail from all over the world, so you will be able to select a mentor to meet you at times that suit you best. All mentor meetings happen online.
You will also be able to access the course content at any time through our online platform.
*Will I Achieve the same Results Online as I Would in Class?
Yes! We assign you a mentor to work with you throughout the programme and help solve issues you may be having. Whether you choose to study online or in class you will be learning the exact same skills and technologies as the classroom bootcamp.
Our course allows you the complete flexibility to learn at your own pace in the comfort of your own home.
You will also be part of our online community, where you can discuss development with fellow online students and help each other just as any classmates would.
*How do you support online students?
We support our mentored online students in three ways:
1) We pair you with an industry expert to act as your mentor throughout the online bootcamp. If you ever have a question or need help with a difficult coding problem, your mentor acts as a guide.
2) We monitor your progress through Code Institute’s learning management system closely – this combined with weekly mentor-reports means we can flag problems early and help you work through them. We’ll help you remain accountable and give you a boost when you need one.
3) Finally, through Code Institute’s community you’ll have access to fellow students who will help you stay on track and focused.
*What's Code Institute's Online Training Format?
Through extensive testing, we found that a mix of text, video, practical exercises and other types of mixed media was the optimised method of learning.
The course-format is now a comprehensive variety of mixed-media with throughout your learning journey. This format increases the speed at which students work through course content.
Blackrock Business Park,
+353 1 5397973Email
Apply on springboardcourses.ie.
Applicants will then be asked to complete ten basic coding challenges to test their suitability for the course.
Once the ten challenges are complete, a Code Institute Education Advisors will be in touch to assess your eligibility for the course and start the onboarding process.
What's it like to be a student with Code Institute?
Hear Alun's Bootcamp journey and why he chose Code Institute over a Masters.