ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business (ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business)

Professional Accountancy Training (September 2022)
Key Programme Details
Award

ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business

NFQ Level

Level 6 About NFQ

Delivery Method

Online

Mode

Part Time

ECTS Credits

45

General Information
Contact

Ieva Kajeniene

Email

admissions@pat.edu.eu

Phone

+353877095982

Address

Wicklow House,
84 - 88 South Great George's Street, Dublin City
Ireland

Important Dates
Application Deadline

19/09/2022

Start Date

28/09/2022

End Date

27/09/2023

About this Course

The ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business is a globally recognised award at Level 6 equivalent of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). It provides learners with a broad understanding of essential accounting knowledge and techniques including effective business operations, management accounting and financial accounting. In addition, the Foundations in Professionalism module, incorporates professional ethics, personal values and personal effectiveness at work.

The programme is applied in nature with the course assessment requiring learners to effectively mimic what they do in the workplace. Learner assessment is through computer-based examinations (CBEs) with learners required to use a range of digital skills designed to assist in completing constructed exam scenarios using multiple applications in providing their answers - just as they would do in the workplace.

Learners will receive formal tuition on the regulatory and ethical aspects of the digital economy which will include such topics as data protection and cybersecurity. In addition, a series of industry led guest workshops will be held on these subjects. Other labour market relevant skills which will be obtained by programme learners include problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, personal effectiveness and communication.

Successful programme completion provides learners with the option for further personal development at Level 7 of the NFQ and the Professional Diploma in Accounting.

As an Approved Platinum Learning Partner of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - ACCA - (only two in the world who hold this distinction), PAT has access to over 800 employers across all employment sectors in Ireland incorporating all the major multinationals as well as the indigenous small and medium sectors.

The Springboard + funding has assisted these SMEs to recruit entry level staff with the necessary financial literacy, application and technical skills to sustain and grow their businesses by providing the job ready skills necessary.

Examples of positions filled include bookkeepers, accounts administrators, accounts payable / receivables and credit control.

The Diploma in Accounting and Business has to date, over 650 enrolled learners through Sprinboard+.
As an entry level course, it has attracted learners in employment (73%), returners (5%) and those seeking employment including PUP recipients (22%).
The gender ratio is 76% Female and 24% Male with a spread of 19 nationalities (71% Irish and 29% Other)
The learners are regionally spread over 23 counties of Ireland.
In terms of prior education history, 60% of learners have an NFQ Level 5 qualification with the remaining 40% at Levels 6,7 and 8 with 13 economic sectors of the economy represented.
The Diploma in Accounting and Business is designed to create a talent pipeline for employers which addresses skills deficits areas in both financial and other economic sectors. It will attract learners who are in employment and those who wish to upskill, returners and those who are currently seeking employment. The course will also be attractive to individuals who wish to reskill and develop careers in financial discipline areas.
Currently there are 415 vacancies for financial personnel as per ACCA Jobs Board.

Entry Requirements

No previous academic or accountancy qualifications are required to study for this qualification and is suitable for those aspiring to work or already working in the following types of roles:

1. Basic Bookkeeping
2. Trainee accountant in a commercial organisation or accounting practice
3. Accounts clerk in the Public Sector

Candidates whose first language is not English and whose primary degree was obtained in a country where English is not the official language will be required to provide proof of English level competency, such as IELTS or TOEFL.

In addition to the above, applicants will be required to attend an interview and/or complete a test in numeracy and literacy as administered by ACCA and PAT to further determine their suitability.

Long Description

The ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Business is a globally recognised award at Level 6 equivalent of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). It provides learners with a broad understanding of essential accounting knowledge and techniques including effective business operations, management accounting and financial accounting. In addition, the Foundations in Professionalism module, incorporates professional ethics, personal values and personal effectiveness at work.

The programme is applied in nature with the course assessment requiring learners to effectively mimic what they do in the workplace. Learner assessment is through computer-based examinations (CBEs) with learners required to use a range of digital skills designed to assist in completing constructed exam scenarios using multiple applications in providing their answers - just as they would do in the workplace.

Learners will receive formal tuition on the regulatory and ethical aspects of the digital economy which will include such topics as data protection and cybersecurity. In addition, a series of industry led guest workshops will be held on these subjects. Other labour market relevant skills which will be obtained by programme learners include problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, personal effectiveness and communication.

Successful programme completion provides learners with the option for further personal development at Level 7 of the NFQ and the Professional Diploma in Accounting.

As an Approved Platinum Learning Partner of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - ACCA - (only two in the world who hold this distinction), PAT has access to over 800 employers across all employment sectors in Ireland incorporating all the major multinationals as well as the indigenous small and medium sectors.

The Springboard + funding has assisted these SMEs to recruit entry level staff with the necessary financial literacy, application and technical skills to sustain and grow their businesses by providing the job ready skills necessary.

Examples of positions filled include bookkeepers, accounts administrators, accounts payable / receivables and credit control.

The Diploma in Accounting and Business has to date, over 650 enrolled learners through Sprinboard+.
As an entry level course, it has attracted learners in employment (73%), returners (5%) and those seeking employment including PUP recipients (22%).
The gender ratio is 76% Female and 24% Male with a spread of 19 nationalities (71% Irish and 29% Other)
The learners are regionally spread over 23 counties of Ireland.
In terms of prior education history, 60% of learners have an NFQ Level 5 qualification with the remaining 40% at Levels 6,7 and 8 with 13 economic sectors of the economy represented.
The Diploma in Accounting and Business is designed to create a talent pipeline for employers which addresses skills deficits areas in both financial and other economic sectors. It will attract learners who are in employment and those who wish to upskill, returners and those who are currently seeking employment. The course will also be attractive to individuals who wish to reskill and develop careers in financial discipline areas.
Currently there are 415 vacancies for financial personnel as per ACCA Jobs Board.

Timetable Info

Evening

Delivery Notes

Online

Admissions Contact Details
Contact Person

Ieva Kajeniene

Address

Wicklow House,
84 - 88 South Great George's Street, Dublin City
Ireland

Phone

+353877095982

Email

admissions@pat.edu.eu