Classroom - Daytime, Classroom - Evening
Generic programmes and qualifications
Michael McGrathEmail Phone
CAMMS Centre Manager
Automation and control are important aspects of modern manufacturing and utility supply companies. Many manufacturing assembly lines and processes utilise programmable control systems. As a result, it is essential to equip technicians and engineers in this field with the appropriate skills. This course will extend the students skills into three essential areas in the field of automation and control;
1. Mechatronics ( Semester 1 & Semester 2 )
2. SCADA & Automation Systems ( Semester 1 only )
3. Robotics ( Semester 2 only )
For 2018 / 2019 Academic Year the HEA will fund 90% of your course fee if you are employed. You or your employer will be required to pay the remaining 10% of the fee. The full course fee is €3100.
Candidates must have at least two years relevant industrial experience and should have obtained their Leaving Certificate or an appropriate craft / technician qualification.
Entrants without formal qualifications will be considered through CIT's well-established RPL process.
Using specialist equipment in our state of the art laboratories, the student will learn to use Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and Robotics programming, all of which are the industry recognized standard for the development of effective control and automation systems.
As a graduate you will have skills that will allow you to work with highly automated manufacturing and process systems. This course equips you with abilities and skills to enable you to analyse industrial applications and evaluate possible solutions in terms of automated (dedicated/flexible) or mixed manual/automated systems, design and develop embedded systems to meet predetermined specifications, and design and implement a distributed control system utilizing PLCs and SCADA technology.
A full time table will be published in early September 2018
CIT, Bishopstown campus
Apply online through www.springboardcourses.ie