NFQ Level 8
Classroom - Evening
Olivia HarveyEmail Phone
Institute of Technology Carlow
This is a one-year Higher Diploma designed for those who would like to change career, or who may already be employed in the tourism industry.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge, skills and competencies in strategic planning and sustainable development of tourism management (business and services) in the context of location, resources and markets.
• Analyse frameworks to provide both theory and practical tools of information in Business and Tourism Marketing.
• Understand the linkage between competitive dynamics, macro and micro economics and the economic benefit to the tourism industry.
Applicants require an NFQ Level 7/8 Major Award in business or a level 8 Major Award in a non-business area for entry to this programme. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). IT Carlow
reserve the right to require applicants to attend for interview to determine their suitability for the
This is a one-year Higher Diploma designed for those who would like to change career, or who may already be employed in the tourism industry. As the economy continues to recover, more
graduates will be required to work in the tourism sector. This programme addresses the need for graduates with knowledge in the area of culture, tourism operations, marketing (including
e-marketing) and general business.
Potential employment opportunities
• Travel Agent
• Customer Service Assistant/Manager
• Supervisor/Team manager
• Tour Manager
• Tourist Guide
• Tourist Information Centre Assistant
• Other tourism related commercial operations.
1 YEAR — PART-TIME
(2 nights per week 7-10pm with some
Saturdays throughout the year)
Wexford Campus (IT Carlow)
Apply online at www.springboardcourses.ie