NFQ Level 9
Classroom - Evening
Augusta AdekoyaEmail Phone
Institute of Technology Carlow
This Masters programme offers a robust understanding of the concepts and best practices in Supply Chain Management for application in today’s global economy. Supply chain management and sourcing have become a central focus for companies due to the rapid changes in demand for products and services, globalisation and technology. With operations becoming more complex, companies in the manufacturing, retail and technological sectors are searching for individuals with supply chain expertise. This programme has been designed in collaboration with industry to address those needs.
On completion, graduates of the programme will be able to:
• Apply comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice of Supply Chain Management to a variety of industry operations;
• Build and develop multi-disciplinary teams across all functions to bring about radical improvements in supply chain capability;
• Effectively plan and manage resources at each stage of the supply chain;
• Use critical thinking and research skills to design/redesign, implement and improve more sustainable, competitive and quality led supply chains from supplier to customer;
• Communicate effectively with teams at all levels internally and build more sustainable, beneficial relationships along all stages of the supply chain from supplier to customer.
Entry requirements are a Level 8 degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours, Grade 2 in a related discipline or equivalent. IT Carlow operates a Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPL) scheme whereby applicants may be considered, based on relevant work and other experience, for exemptions from programme modules and advanced entry.
All applicants will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Department reserves the right to require applicants to attend for an interview to determine their suitability for the programme
This course offers a robust understanding of the concepts and practices of Supply Chain Management with academic and practical applications being incorporated into it. Supply chains and sourcing have become a central focus for companies due to the rapid changes in demand for products and services, globalisation and technology. With operations becoming more complex, companies in the manufacturing, retail and technological sectors are searching for individuals with supply chain expertise. This specialised Masters is relevant to individuals who wish to pursue careers in management consulting, managing information systems, product management and supply chain management. Graduates of this course will be well prepared to work as supply chain analysts, project managers, logistics managers, operations consultants or manufacturing or service operations managers.
In light of current skills shortages in industry in the area of Supply Chain Management, this Masters programme will provide participants seeking jobs in this sector with a competitive edge. For those participants currently working in the area, the programme will enhance existing roles both on a professional and personal level by building on the practical skills and techniques required to succeed. It will also develop critical skills in areas such as process improvement, resource management, analytical and critical thinking, communication and sourcing and managing quality-led sustainable supply chains from supplier to customer. This Masters programme will prepare graduates to work in a number of job roles:
• Supply Chain Analyst or Manager
• Project Managers
• Logistics Managers
• Operations consultants/Manufacturing or Service Operations Managers
• Warehouse/Inventory Manager
• Purchasing Manager/Buyer/Planner.
1 YEAR - Part Time
(2 nights per week
7-10 pm & some
Institute of Technology Carlow
Apply online at www.springboardcourses.ie