NFQ Level 8
Classroom - Evening
Joanne KennyEmail Phone
Wexford Campus (IT Carlow)
The Higher Diploma in Business in Tourism Marketing is a conversion programme aimed at non-tourism graduates wishing to pursue a career in the tourism industry. The programme is aimed at both professionals currently employed within the tourism industry and those from complementary backgrounds who wish to enter the tourism field. In this context it may be of particular interest to people coming from an arts, heritage, languages, geography, marketing or business background.
The aim of the programme is to equip participants with the necessary expertise to market, co-ordinate and develop tourism businesses and projects at tourist destinations in Ireland and abroad. It is aimed at future professionals seeking employment within the tourism industry and those from other fields. This dynamic programme encourages interaction between academics and industry practitioners from national and international tourism sectors.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge, skills and competencies in strategic planning and sustainable development of tourism management (business and services) in the context of location, resources and markets.
• Analyse frameworks to provide both theory and practical tools of information in Business and Tourism Marketing.
• Understand the linkage between competitive dynamics, macro and micro economics and the economic benefit to the tourism industry.
Applicants require an NFQ Level 7/8 Major Award in business or a level 8 Major Award in a non-business area for entry to this programme. Other applicants will be considered on an individual basis in accordance with the Institute policy on Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). IT Carlow reserve the right to require applicants to attend for interview to determine their suitability for the
This is a one-year Higher Diploma designed for those who would like to change career, or who may already be employed in the tourism industry. As the economy continues to recover, more
graduates will be required to work in the tourism sector. This programme addresses the need for graduates with knowledge in the area of culture, tourism operations, marketing (including
e-marketing) and general business.
Potential employment opportunities
• Travel Agent
• Customer Service Assistant/Manager
• Supervisor/Team manager
• Tour Manager
• Tourist Guide
• Tourist Information Centre Assistant
• Other tourism related commercial operations.
1 YEAR — PART-TIME
(2 nights per week 7-10pm with some
Saturdays throughout the year)
Wexford Campus (IT Carlow)
Apply online at www.springboardcourses.ie
To complete your application process you must email Springboard@itcarlow.ie with the following
(1) A scanned copy of your EU Passport, or a scanned copy of your non-EU Passport with a copy of your Stamp 4 visa. You are not required to provide a copy of your Public Services Card to verify ID.
(2) A copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
(3) A copy of your Level 7 Degree/ Major Award or highest other qualification. Translated if not in English
(4) A scanned copy of a recent payslip if employed showing your PPSN, or a scanned copy of a recent payment slip if in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/ benefit, or a copy of a recent Bank Statement showing receipt of a different, eligible, Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection, or a letter from your Accountant confirming that are Self-employed, or an Affidavit signed by you and the appropriate third-party confirming that you are a Homemaker. When sending jpgs they must be attachments to your email, -not jpgs within emails.