Certificate in Supervisory Management and Team Leadership
Janine King, Lifelong LearningEmail Phone
Department of Lifelong Learning, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath.
This programme is aimed at those already working in an operative /team leader/supervisory manager role or aspiring to do so. It is also suitable for unemployed persons that meet the entry requirements. The programme covers the technical, managerial, interpersonal, and leadership knowledge, skills and competencies required for supervisory and team leadership/ management roles in organizations. This programme is a direct response to support our industry partners in the midlands and beyond as they try to mitigate against the perceived risk owing to Brexit including the expected changes in all aspects of business and management.
This course will give learners the opportunity to further their skill, or re-skill and make a positive contribution to the economy through aining an understanding of the dynamics of business and in particular from a leadership and management perspective ensuring they are
better at making decisions, solving problems and skilled for the workplace of the future.
The main objective of the Certificate in Supervisory Management and Team Leadership is to provide learners of all backgrounds with the opportunity to explore and develop their interest in Management and Leadership
This course will give learners the opportunity to further their skill, or re-skill and make a positive contribution to the economy through gaining an understanding of the dynamics of business and in particular from a leadership and management perspective ensuring they are better at making decisions, solving problems and skilled for the workplace of the future.
On completion the student will have:
- A knowledge of principles of Leadership and Management in a business environment.
- An understanding of the impact of a leader and manager on the success of a business.
- An awareness of how to effectively manage change on organizations.
- A knowledge of how to build and maintain team cohesion and culture.
- The course will also comprise of learning in the area of professional development and career planning.
Mature applicants (i.e. over 23 years of age)
Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examinations. Two of these subjects must be mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
Any QQI level 5 qualification
an approved equivalent qualification.
This course is designed to apply across all industries e.g. Biopharma, Med Technology, Food Processing, Manufacturing, Advance Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality and Construction. Prospects typically arise in the manufacturing and services industries regionally (recognising Longford, Westmeath, Offaly and Laois as industry centres), nationally and abroad. Furthermore, as a result of Brexit, it is envisaged that there will be an increase in those requiring the skills and competencies acquired through the completion of this programme.
• Leadership and Management
• Human Resources and Development
• Reflective Practice in the Workplace
• Project, Business and Operational Planning
• Group Project and Integrative Learning
• Financial and Management Accounting
One year online.
Two evenings per week online - Monday and Wednesday 7.00pm to 9.00pm.
PLUS three Saturdays (face to face classes/workshops in AIT) per semester.
Please note there will be Induction in AIT on Saturday 21 September 2019 - this is compulsory for all applicants.
Main campus, AIT
Blended Delivery - this course will be delivered mostly online with some face to face classroom based workshops on Saturdays.
Janine King, Department of Lifelong LearningAddress
Department of Lifelong Learning, Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath.Phone
Applications to be made only on www.springboardcourses.ie
This is a FREE programme for those that are eligible - see details of eligibility below.
When making your application (or as soon as possible after) you MUST EMAIL to email@example.com a brief recent CV and a scan / photo of one of the following documents to demonstrate your eligibility to be offered a place on the programme:
1) If you are employed: a recent payslip / most recent P60 / letter from my employer confirming this (amounts may be redacted from financial documents).
2) If you are unemployed: a DSP payment slip / letter from DSP confirming your payment type/what you are signing for.
3) If you are a returner who has been on home or other caring duties for 9 of the last 12 months OR you are economically dependent on a partner or spouse and I have been unemployed for 9 of the last 12 months you must supply a notarised affidavit confirming this (a template for this is available here: https://springboardcourses.ie/pdfs/Declaration%20for%20Returners%20(V2%202018).pdf
4) If you were previously self employed: a letter/statement from Revenue stating that I am no longer trading or a similar letter from my
Applications that do not EMAIL the relevant documentation cannot be assessed for a place on the programme, and places are limited, so it is imperative that you EMAIL all necessary documentation when making your application or as soon as possible after.
With regard to eligibility for a place on this programme, if offered a place you will also be asked to declare that you have lived in an EU country for three years out of the last five in addition to the requirements above.
Please contact Maria Slevin, Lifelong Learning, AIT if you have any queries in relation to this - email firstname.lastname@example.org tel 0906483052