Certificate in Leadership and Transformational Change (Certificate in Leadership and Transformational Change)

Institute of Technology, Tralee (TBC)
Key Programme Details
Award

Special Purpose

NFQ Level

Level 8 About NFQ

Delivery Method

Online

Mode

Part Time

ECTS Credits

15

Department

Department of Business

General Information
Contact

Mary Stritch

Email

lifelonglearning@ittralee.ie

Phone

066 7191701

Address

Lifelong Learning Office
Room R101
Business/IT Building
IT Tralee North Campus
Tralee
Co Kerry

Role

Lifelong Learning Co-ordinator

Important Dates
Application Deadline

27/11/2020

Start Date

18/01/2021

End Date

30/06/2021

About this Course

This programme aims to allow participants to develop their own leadership mind-set so that they lead others and help them to develop their leadership mind-set. It is about ‘Leading as you preach’ and uses a number of innovative learning practices including outdoor learning to stimulate the leadership mind-set. Participants learn how to lead by example and
with an empathy for those whom they lead. This progamme will allow participants to identify a leadership style that promotes leadership qualities in themselves and amongst their peers and colleagues. It will provide experiential learning opportunities that will develop and enhance the participant’s attitude to new opportunities and to lead them and their team
effectively through change in a transformational manner. This requires the ability to examine methods for organisational analysis and diagnosis, and to develop diverse frameworks for understanding, implementing and leading change in organisations. Change is necessary to progress any organisation. It is transformational. It can cause doubt in a team to
achieve or to continue to achieve success in the new environment. Participants will learn how to identify these concerns, manage and lead them to a successful solution. The programme will require all participants to evaluate their action plans to identify the optimum solution in different situations. All will benefit from real-time simulation of leadership scenarios common to many organisations and learn how to navigate and lead a team through these. Participants on the programme will practice peer learning and support by learning from each other. All participants will have the opportunity to providesustainable leading opportunities and solutions for themselves, colleagues and their organisations by developing and
implementing applied leadership strategies in an organisation of choice.

Entry Requirements

Applicants must hold a level 7 or equivalent qualification in a related area. The Institute's policy in relation to non-standard applicants also applies.

Long Description

The modules to be completed as part of this programme will include:

Leadership Mindset
Leading Transformational Change
People and Performance Management

Timetable Info

This programme will be delivered part-time online from January 2021 to June 2021.

Delivery Location

Online

Delivery Notes

Examinations
Please note all students may be required to attend in person on campus to sit end of semester examinations.

Admissions Contact Details
Contact Person

Mary Stritch

Address

Lifelong Learning Office
Room R101
Business/IT Building
IT Tralee North Campus
Tralee
Co Kerry

Phone

066 7191701

Email

lifelonglearning@ittralee.ie

RPL Information

The Institute’s policy in relation to recognition of prior learning (RPL) also applies.

Application Procedures

Apply online at www.springboardcourses.ie

All applicants must submit copies of previous relevant qualifications obtained OTHERWISE applications will not be considered.

Closing date for application to this programme is Friday 20th November 2020.

Fees do not apply to applicants who meet the criteria under the Springboard+ initiative however, for employed applicants the HEA will pay 90% of the programme fee, the remaining 10% - €70 will be collected before registration.