Certificate in Supervisory Management and Team Leadership
Level 6 About NFQ
Department of Lifelong Learning
Maria SlevinEmail Phone
Department of Lifelong Learning,
Athlone Institute of Technology,
• Level 6 Programme (60 ECTS)
• Online/Blended flexible mode of delivery
• Developed in partnership with the Midlands Regional Skills manager and relevant companies
• Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning
• Problem Based Learning (PBL) based approaches will be used to challenge and expand the students knowledge, skills and competence.
• The programme addresses to significant level all four key areas, which have been deemed by government as being of critical importance at this time: digital skills, transversal skills, management and leadership skills and the workplace of the future
This programme is aimed at those already working in an operative /team leader/supervisory manager role or aspiring to do so. It is also suitable for unemployed persons that meet the entry requirements. The programme covers the technical, managerial, interpersonal, and leadership knowledge, skills and competencies required for supervisory and team leadership/ management roles in organisations.
This programme is a direct response to support our industry partners in the midlands and beyond as they try to mitigate against the perceived risk owing to Brexit including the expected changes in all aspects of business and management. It is designed to apply across all industries e.g. Biopharma, Med Technology, Food Processing, Manufacturing, Advance Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality and Construction. .
The main objective of the Certificate in Supervisory Management and Team Leadership is to provide learners of all backgrounds with the opportunity to explore and develop their interest in Management and Leadership.
This course will give learners the opportunity to further their skill, or re-skill and make a positive contribution to the economy through gaining an understanding of the dynamics of business and in particular from a leadership and management perspective ensuring they are better at making decisions, solving problems and skilled for the workplace of the future.
On successful completion the graduate will have:
- A knowledge of principles of Leadership and Management in a business environment.
- An understanding of the impact of a leader and manager on the success of a business.
- An awareness of how to effectively manage change on organizations.
- A knowledge of how to build and maintain team cohesion and culture.
The course will also comprise of learning in the area of professional development and career planning.
Mature applicants (i.e over 23 years)
Leaving Certificate Grade O6 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish)
QQI Level 5 - Full award with a minimum of eight modules
Recognition of Prior Learning.
• Leadership and Management
• Human Resources and Development
• Professional Development, Career Planning and Work Based Learning
• Project, Business and Operational Planning
• Group Project and Integrative Learning
• Financial and Management Accounting
Prospects typically arise in the manufacturing and services industries regionally (recognising Longford, Westmeath, Offaly and Laois as industry centres), nationally and abroad.
Furthermore, as a result of Brexit, it is envisaged that there will be an increase in those requiring the skills and competencies acquired through the completion of this programme.
1 year - Commencing Monday 1st February 2021.
Monday and Wednesday 7.00pm to 9.00pm ONLINE
PLUS 4 Saturdays per semester
AIT Student Induction will take place ONLINE on Saturday 30th January 2021. Registered students will meet their lecturers and become acquainted with AIT operating systems, such as our online delivery platform, Moodle, Rules and Regulations etc.
Online and AIT.
Blended Delivery - this course will be delivered mostly online with some face to face classroom based workshops on Saturdays.
Department of Lifelong Learning,
Athlone Institute of Technology,
This is a FREE programme for those that meet funding eligibility criteria.
AIT operates a two stage application process. You must complete both stages in order for your application to be assessed.
STAGE ONE – ACADEMIC ELIGIBILITY
You must make your course application here on www.springboardcourses.ie
You must upload a copy of your highest/most relevant qualification, as per the entry requirements above to this application system.
STAGE TWO – FUNDING ELIGIBILITY
When making your application (or as soon as possible after) you complete an eligibility declaration here:
https://tinyurl.com/yawowndq (please copy and paste this link into the address line of your browser)
On receipt of your completed course application and completed declaration an initial assessment will be made and you will receive a request from AIT to upload required documentation to a secure folder. You must complete this request as soon as possible after you receive it. It will expire after 5 days.
This request will ask for a scan/clear photo of the following documents to be uploaded:
Your most recent passport/drivers licence to verify your identity.
A copy of your highest/most relevant qualification, as per the entry requirements for your chosen course.
You must also upload a scan / photo of one of the following documents to demonstrate your funding eligibility.
1) If you are employed: a recent payslip / most recent P60 / letter from your employer confirming this (amounts must be redacted/blacked out from financial documents).
2) If you are unemployed: a DSP payment slip / letter from DSP confirming your payment type/what you are signing for.
3) If you are a returner who has been on home or other caring duties for 9 of the last 12 months OR you are economically dependent on a partner or spouse and have been unemployed for 9 of the last 12 months you must supply a notarised affidavit confirming this (a template for this is available here: INSERT AFFADAVIT LINK )
4) If you were previously self-employed: a letter/statement from Revenue stating that you are no longer trading or a similar letter from your (former) accountant.
Applicants that do not complete this declaration cannot be assessed for a place on the programme. Places are limited on all programmes, therefore it is imperative that you complete this when making your application (or as soon as possible afterwards).
Please contact Janine King, AIT if you have any queries in relation to this - email firstname.lastname@example.org